In The Kitchen with Dionne Z.
If you like Big Macs, this recipe from Dionne Z. is perfect for you. But if you make it, don’t expect a traditional look of a Big Mac – “two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and a sesame seed bun.” However, this recipe will deliver the same yummy Big Mac flavor in a unique presentation and with fewer calories.
Dionne (who is a dental assistant at Personal Care Dentistry when she isn’t in the kitchen whipping up yummy dishes) says this is a great dish to take to Fall potlucks or for a weekend football watching party at your home. Or just make a pan of them and you’ll have delicious leftovers for you and your family.
Big Macs with a Twist
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ cup onion
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. ketchup
10 tbsp. mayo
4 tbsp. mustard
6 tbsp. dill pickle relish
1 tsp. paprika
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 cup cheddar cheese
48 tater tots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add 2 tbsp. mayo, 2 tbsp. mustard, 2 tbsp. ketchup, 2 tbsp. pickle relish and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 3 tater tots in each muffin cup. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove tots and press them into side of cups.
- Fill each cup with hamburger mix. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in oven
- Mix remaining mayo (½ cup) , 4 tbsp. pickle relish, 2 tbsp. mustard, 1 tsp. vinegar, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, and 1 tsp. garlic powder.
- Drizzle special sauce over each cup and top each with a pickle slice.