If you are still enthralled by all things turkey, we have a couple of tasty and healthy recipes from Dionne, our amazing dental assistant and first-rate cook. Both recipes call for ground turkey and are easy to make and delicious to eat.
The Turkey Pizza Burgers have just six ingredients, and are a lovely way to serve a low-fat but scrumptious burger on a night when you don’t have a lot of time to cook
The Turkey Meatloaf uses sage and onion stuffing mix to give it a little Thanksgiving flair.
Enjoy both recipes!
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ bag Pepperidge Farm sage and onion stuffing mix
- 1 medium onion
- 3 ribs celery
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (plus extra) chicken stock
- Heat olive oil and heat onions, celery and poultry seasoning. Sautee until tender.
- Add stuffing mix and chicken stock, stir until stuffing has absorbed all of the stock. You may need to add extra chicken stock.
- Let mixture cool for 10-15 minutes,
- Add egg to ground turkey and stir in stuffing mix.
- Mold into a loaf on a cookie sheet or into a rectangular pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour (temperature in the middle should reach 180 degrees)
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Turkey Pizza Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ to ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 packet Knorr spaghetti sauce mix
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Top each patty with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Serve on toasted buns.